Coco's Close-up

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Taken a few months ago with an old Konica Minolta 5D using a 50mm lens @ f/1.7 with ISO 100 and 1/500 sec.

Coco belongs to my parents.  She was rescued on Valentines day a few years ago when my mother was pulling into the drive-way and noticed that she did not look feral.  Her owner had been ill and had left her with a friend - who then it seems dumped her (I hate people) - and then Coco found my mom.  The sad thing is that her owner had adopted her after she was abandoned by her previous owner.

She has a forever home now, and a friend: Lucy

and again:

(not my favorite photos of her, but the others aren't on this computer - both were taken with a Canon 5D Mark III using a 24-105 f/4L lens with the other details unknown as they're not in the EXIF)

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Coco is so sweet! I love those cross-eyed meezers 

How old is Lucy? Her coat is fairly dark, so possibly not a young cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We honestly don't know. She showed up in the backyard one day and I convinced my parents to take her in because she exhibited behavior that made me think that she had once been somebody's pet (as opposed to most cats we take care of which seem to have been born feral). No collar, no microchip, no signs around town looking for her, and nothing we could find on the internet.

She's been estimated to be ~2 years old by the vet, but it's just an educated guess. Coco is around 4.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I figured since I've got photos of Coco and Lucy here, I might as well throw in photos of Ally and Alfie too so there are photos of all 4 cats.

Here's Ally and Alfie together:

And one of just Ally:

These were taken while testing a lens that ended up being defective, so the quality isn't as good as they could be.  Now that the lens is back from service for the 3rd time I will try to take some better ones.  Both were taken with a Canon 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II lens.

Ally is 6 and Alfie is 3.

Last edited: