Close to labor???

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!!

So my cat is VERY pregnant. Think she is due any day now and starting to think she is gearing up for active labor.
Her nippled are more erect, look like they are swelling a bit, seems like she can't get comfortable (keeps flipping from side to side and changing spots) and she has been wanting to be by me.

I am getting nervous cause have to work I the next few days and don't want her to labor alone. Plus there are 4 other cats in the house (3 male/1 female all fixed) and worry about that too.

Any tip and suggestions would be great!!
Thank you!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you are concerned that your other pets might bother her, put your pregnant cat in a room alone with food, water, and litter box with door closed while you are at work. She’ll need privacy away from the others anyway after her kittens are born for the first few weeks.

Most cats manage on their own nicely, and she may wait to have them when you are home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the response!

She actually had her kittens tonight! It was a very fast experience!
She had 5 kittens and is resting now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! Be sure she has privacy from your other pets, and that all kittens are nursing well. With 5 kittens, watch for a runt who may need supplementing.