Cleaning wounds.

Krazy-koni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm wondering if it would be safe and beneficial to aide the cats healing, by cleaning a wound with peroxide 3% spray. Open to any suggestions that doesn't involve me restraining the cat. Example would be for me to administer liquid or pill form supplements directly into the mouth. Haha that isn't going to happen, just maybe once they're familar with me and come to trust that I mean no harm.
Taurine (brand: NOW) is an easy one! Comes in a powder you measure, I buy the 500mg capsules & just mix it in with their food. Our province doesn't mandate humane treatment for Stray animal populations... I believe that, at minimum, "Strays" should be protected from cruel acts. The federal protection law and legisalations do not apply to companion animals when there is no "owner(s)" (abandoned pets and ferals) 525a566f464d5ef03824ea6976e10f43.jpg . One Rescue currently on an Intake Freeze has 700+ wait list. This is the only organization that covers the entire province. The 30 local rescues can not keep up. All but 2 (that i am aware of) the shelters and humane societies use Trap and euthanasia method for population management.
🤬this really bothers me! as they continue to ignore& disregard the current policies and guidelines that are written; Population control for the feral and homeless at-large segments must be considered in a humane and effective way to address cat overpopulation. Well-managed TNR Programs are the leading solution.
I try to help where i can, being without any extra financial means to be supportive, I must be flexible and creative. Knowledge is power. Healing physical and emotional is where I'm focused. Immune support is important. & so is Nutrition.
I started to follow Dr Judy Morgan.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but I will go with your interest in cleaning an actual wound. What kind of wound are we talking about? At any rate, hydrogen peroxide can actually inhibit healing. So, if the best you can do to treat a basic wound is 'from afar', try chamomile tea bags.
Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day. Since it doesn't sound like you might be able to touch the cat(s), you could place the liquid n a spray bottle. However, most cats don't like to be sprayed - with anything.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for cats to ingest should they do so.

I hope others on this site that deal with srays/ferals can help you from that aspect.