Clavamox + Metronidazole = not eating?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emiliemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She didn’t go back to eat the rest of her food this morning after the dose (she ate maybe 1/4 before), so I just gave her a jar of gerber chicken baby food in her little hiding spot. She is lapping it up!
She ate half of the jar then stopped so I put the rest in the fridge. I don’t want to upset her tummy with too much different food. I’m hoping that her eating that might help with her tummy issues a bit though since she’s been growing more hesitant to eat after the meds.

emiliemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Given how much she liked the baby food, I’m going to try to mix the meds into it tonight (I know this was suggested in this thread earlier!)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Given how much she liked the baby food, I’m going to try to mix the meds into it tonight (I know this was suggested in this thread earlier!)
That was just what I was going to recommend to see if that helps any. And, I would still recommend getting some lickable treats to use with the meds too. But, I hope she will still eat some of her own food afterward just to help 'coat' the stomach even more.

emiliemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think tonight I’ll feed her the other half jar of the baby food mixed with the meds, followed by a half can of her normal food.

I’m just glad she’s not pacing anymore right now - she had me worried!

emiliemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to give an update - she's now taking FortiFlora to help with her diarrhea and has been (temporarily) taken off of the Clavamox. She's been on the FortiFlora for a little over a week and after 4 or 5 days of still very runny poops, the vet told me to take her off the Clavamox Tuesday night. Her poops are gradually looking better - they're maybe 50% back to normal now. But, she's much more interested in food now, and generally seems a bit better. I guess she just really doesn't do well with Clavamox.