CKD and Renal Supplements

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. My Aniki was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease last winter. In addition to giving him prescription food, I also started giving him renal supplements (Vetri-science Renal Essentials). He has been doing well well over the summer. Recently, however, I have been unable to get the Vetri-Science supplements. Due to a shortage of a certain ingredient, the manufacturer doesn't expect to have the product available until mid-October at the earliest. The vet said it's not a big deal and that his kidney diet should be enough.

He has, however, taken a slight turn for the worse these past few days. He's going to see the doctor tomorrow (today if they can fit him in) but I'm curious to know if there could be some connection between discontinuing the supplements and his downturn. It could be a coincidence, but just a few days after his last dose, he has slowed down considerably. I expect the vet will once again say that the Vetri-Science supplements aren't that important, but I wanted to get some opinions from people here.

More importantly, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a seller who still has some of it in stock. I've searched everywhere. I have back orders on three sites (including Chewy and Allivet). Maybe someone has a supply they don't immediately need? I would be glad to pay generously if someone did and could ship it to me as soon as possible. Failing that, there is also a supplement in capsule form called Azozyl that I am also unable to locate. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes. I realized my mistake after I made my post. Also, luckily, I did find an alternative from Vetri-Science at Chewy. It should be here tomorrow.

Thanks!