Cinnamon is inside

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred and Cinnamon Reunited Video
Well we are still stuck at home with no car, ugh, they can’t find the problem yet, but mentioned spark plugs as a possible cause to look at now. I know I had the spark plugs repaired at least once I think in the life of this car so I contacted the dealer to see if they have a record because I don’t know where all of my receipts are right now. No word yet as they only have one record. Which makes me think they lost all the other ones.

But so far the screen with tape is working well 😹 so maybe I will just stick with that, it’s cheaper that’s for sure.

And there was a very exciting development today! I got my first video to confirm interaction between Fred and Cinn, that they obviously remember each other etc., I think there must’ve been a nose sniff here that the camera didn’t capture, it only saves 6 seconds or so.

I could tell something was up because when I went in there to give them food and water and clean up…after I gave Fred his food, he was eating when I came out of the bathroom, and then he stopped when he was done, came in a little closer and just sat looking at me like he was waiting to come over and see Cinn. I checked the camera to make sure it was working because it keeps seeming to go off-line in this scenario I have it in with the cord coming out of the bathroom where it is plugged in, actually it does that a lot anyway.

Then only a few minutes later when I went downstairs bingo! I was alerted a video was recorded… They are so cute, and I’m really very happy about this development.

I just have to see how long it will take for the other cats to interact with him through the screen calmly, mainly Quinn.

I think he’s so scared that he’s not going to do that- I don’t know maybe he did that already, and I didn’t know due to the cam not recording it, he probably is never going to come to the screen when I am there.

That seems to be the main consistent thing, that they are both still very scared of me, although Fred has loosened up a bit but certainly not enough to really interact with me or let me touch him.

So my worries now are how long will it take till I feel like Cinn can be in the bedroom with Fred, and the other cats can come in and they all won’t have a big fight etc. and also will Cinn continue to use his designated litter boxes? Can he adjust to the gigantic one everyone else uses there, will I need a second big one?

The smaller ones are certainly messier and I have to do something about the clay litter in one of them because it’s very old and it feels like a deadweight to try and scoop everything out of there and it’s sticking to the bottom- I don’t know if that’s because it was out in the garage for several years and may have frozen? If not this is the worst litter I have ever used.

I was thinking I would like to move them into the closet area once I get it cleaned out because I like to keep the bathroom door closed in the colder weather to help keep the drafty room warmer.

I don’t want to rush this and end up with cats peeing all over the place or fighting etc. I noticed that Quinn, Merlin and Zena seemed to be extra nervous when I came downstairs eventually to eat. I’m not sure if it was because of cinnamon and the screen or because there were other things going on that were stressful. I had not slept well and had to get up early to deal with some issues.

The surprising thing to me is no one has tried to break through the screen, not yet anyway 😹

Here they are 😀

IMG_3621.MOV

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... look at them. :redheartpump:

You're doing good, and so are they. You're wise to take it slow, as better baby steps forward than a giant step backwards.

How many cats are there again? Are they are former ferals? And are they all neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... look at them. :redheartpump:

You're doing good, and so are they. You're wise to take it slow, as better baby steps forward than a giant step backwards.

How many cats are there again? Are they are former ferals? And are they all neutered?
Aww thanks 😀

We now have five! Yikes 🙀
Quinn is a pb siamese i got as a baby. Neutered at 5 months. Then Sybil passed at 17.5 about 2 years later. Then I took in Merlin, he was dumped with his brother Marlon, Marlon sadly vanished.

Merlin bit me outside although he was friendly and became touchable outside. So he came in and had to be quarantined for rabies etc. he had a long recuperation and turned out he had C. difficile. I trained him not to bite and he’s now a big love bug. He was neutered in 2019 when I did his TNR.

Then I took an Zena last December he was also dumped it took me two years to catch him he was neutered then and vaccinated etc. He had runs and giardia, it took a long time to treat, he still gets runs with dry food. He was pretty aggressive when I first took him in but it was mostly fear and now he’s a big love bug too. Zena is about 3 now. Quinn is 6.4 and Merlin is maybe 5.5. Fred and Cinn could be at least 8-9 years old. I don’t think DVM told me their estimate for their ages.

Fred came in last June because he was limping badly he had been TNR in 2015 and was neutered and vaccinated then. I have been meaning to get cinnamon inside for a while but I was too overwhelmed and tired and worried about adding a fifth cat. Finally I knew it was gonna be freezing weather and I said I have a little time now I’m going to do it. Cinnamon was also neutered and vaxed in 2015 when I did his TNR.

When I did Fred and Cinn’s TNR they were tested negative for FIV/ FeLV. But they are both positive for FIV now unfortunately.

Fred shows no sign of being aggressive with my cats at all and cinnamon I’m hoping is going to be the same.. so far he’s not really showing any signs of aggression just fear of me. He has been friendly to the indoor cats through the door a lot since his buddy Fred came in. He and Fred have been bff outside for many years and ate from the same dish, slept together etc. he was pretty lost when Fred came inside without his BFF.

Fred and Cinnamon are not touchable at all. Fred is still pretty fearful of me even after six months now but he’s friendly with the cats. The closest I have come to touching Fred was once when I put his food dish out through the sliding door he sniffed my finger but I could never get him to do that again.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for sharing their stories. And thanks for bringing them all inside. Hopefully in time they'll become a happy feline family.