chubbs passed away.

aubrielledenay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I currently have 8 cats, 5 of them are only 6 weeks old. today i decided to let them out of the drawer they stay in inside my room, and i let them roam in the hallway and rooms attached to it. i have a door that came off the hinges and i put it in front of the hallway entrance to make sure none of them went past the hallway. the door fell over on one of the kittens, his name was chubbs and he was so sweet and cute. ive been through the loss of other cats before but always from natural causes and never a violent way like that. chubbs did unfortunately pass away and in his final moments he was so loved.. but the guilt i have makes me feel sick.. i was irresponsible to not pay attention to him. im giving all of my other cats so much love and im trying to calm down but im very upset. im posting this so maybe anyone thats went through a similar experience could give me some tips on how to cope..
i miss him so much.

Attachments

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I currently have 8 cats, 5 of them are only 6 weeks old. today i decided to let them out of the drawer they stay in inside my room, and i let them roam in the hallway and rooms attached to it. i have a door that came off the hinges and i put it in front of the hallway entrance to make sure none of them went past the hallway. the door fell over on one of the kittens, his name was chubbs and he was so sweet and cute. ive been through the loss of other cats before but always from natural causes and never a violent way like that. chubbs did unfortunately pass away and in his final moments he was so loved.. but the guilt i have makes me feel sick.. i was irresponsible to not pay attention to him. im giving all of my other cats so much love and im trying to calm down but im very upset. im posting this so maybe anyone thats went through a similar experience could give me some tips on how to cope..
i miss him so much.
I’m so sorry you are going through that.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am SO sorry this happened. I know the guilt and horror too well. You have to remember it was an accident, you in NO way wanted this to happen. My heart goes out to you......
I wish I could take the pain away, and give you some magical spell to help you with this, but time is really the only thing that helps with matters of the heart. You never get over something like this, you work through it.
Every one of us is not perfect. we have all done something in our lives that we feel guilty over. Remember that, you are not perfect and no human being is. We can learn from our mistakes and sometimes they cost us horribly. Please know you are not alone and we are here anytime you need us. It helps to talk it through.
Keep busy, and distract yourself from dwelling on something that cannot be changed.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, your little Chubbs would never want you to be so sad.....RIP precious angel Chubbs. You will never be forgotten. you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Chubbs, dream you deep. Your tiny pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Oh, Sweetie. I am so very, very sorry. But remember...this was a horrible, horrible accident. Had you had any clue that the door MIGHT fall over, you would not have done that. We cannot know what we do not know. And Chubbs, bless him, knew nothing but love from you all his little life. THAT is what is important. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Chubbs knows your sorrow, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to comfort you, and to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.