Chronic Snufflers Scared To Spay

Crissydee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello my kitty is 4 months old and since we adopted her she has had “chronic snufflers” (the vet thinks she may have gotten feline herpes from her mom or the shelter so antibiotics do nothing)so she basically always has a stuffy nose when we first got her there was no doubt in my mind about spaying her but now that we know she always has a stuffy nose I am kinda terrified to put her under anesthesia and risking her not being able to breath, I love her very much and I would be devastated if I lost her but also I’m afraid of her not being spayed. does anyone have some advice? or has anyone experienced something similar? I do want to note she has been seen about her stuffy nose and other then this she is a very healthy happy kitty

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crissydee Crissydee - My best - somewhat sneaky - advice is to find the Persian breeder closest to you and ask who their vet is. Brachycephalic cats present the same problem as that about which you're worried, and Persian breeders always seem to be able to find that veterinarian with a great understanding of the fine points of anesthesia administration.

This will give you a good overview, and might help in the event that you need to "interview" a vet to do the surgery, assuming you can't get a solid recommendation:

VetFolio