Christmas, the silly season?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that site and visit it daily. And shake my head all the time...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can totally relate to some of these! I work in customer service and I have heard some doozys.

Here is one that I had a couple of years ago. It is ingrained in my memory.

Me: Hi, my name is Meda, may I have your account number please. (after verifying address and such information with the borrower) and how may I help you today?

Borrower: I just got my bill, and the balance is higher than it was! Why is that??

Me: Let me check on that... Well, you just went off a 12 month forbearance. Interest that accrued during the forbearance is added to your balance after the forbearance ends.

Borrower: That isn't right! No one told me that! I am an attorney. so I am going to sue you!!

Me: Mam, it is right on the application form that you signed. Did you read where is said that interest is added after the forbearance? It is right above where you signed.

Customer: Who reads the fine print!!!!! I want that interest removed now!!!

Obviously we did not remove the interest, but I was thinking that I pity her clients if an ATTORNEY doesn't read the "fine print" which isn't really fine print but is in regular type. It is like the ones who say they thought the loan was a grant. That is why is says in bold capital letters in a larger font: I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LOAN WHICH I MUST REPAY This is right above where they sign... Go figure