Christmas Decorations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

A lady I knew had a 2 foot tree.  All she did each year was to put a large garbage bag over it and put it into her storage area on a shelf until it was needed again. Then all she had to do was uncover it and plug it it!  LOL

I used to work with a girl that kept a tall, fully decorated Christmas tree in the corner of her basement.  She wrapped it up in a fabric cover of some kind, and then when Christmas came around again, she uncovered it and plugged it in.

My friend's Aunt and Uncle, keep their Christmas decorations up all year long. They love Christmas and they love how festive it makes their apartment.  So tree, garland...the whole 9 yards stays in their living room all year long.
One of my GFs had a 6-foot decorated artificial tree that she kept in her basement year around; she covered it with a large white sheet. They used to have a large family dinner in December and she held her dinner in the basement (she has a nice kitchen down there, bathroom, plenty of seating space, etc). They stopped having the dinner and she took the tree down. They got rid of it and they bought their first real tree in decades this year for their family room upstairs. It was really pretty.

I know a woman who keeps a tree in their sunroom year around. She decorates for the holidays: all red for Valentine's Day, all green for St. Patrick's, and so on. It's really pretty! If I had a place to do that (sans cats), I might consider keeping the Tacky White Tree in a special place for the year.

Christmas is done here. We got it all put away yesterday and I'm glad. I love Christmas, but with the trees and all the decorations, it's nice to get the house back.

While we were taking down the living room tree, Rick mentioned that our son said he thought we should put up the tree in our bedroom again. Well, Dear Richard is thinking of putting it up in the corner of the living room by the bay window next year. I asked him if he was thinking clearly! Six cats in the house and two Christmas trees in the living room? He just smiled and said, "Well, it's an idea!" (If we could somehow get the elliptical from the bedroom down into the basement, I'd consider putting up the Santa tree in the bedroom again. But only if we could find another place for the elliptical. That Santa tree is very bushy and it takes up space.)

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rico is adorable! :clap::clap:

My outside decorations are down. The inside of the house is going very sloe. My breathing is doing very well so I need to pace myself so I don't have a full-blown asthma attack and end up in the ER.

My little tree is packed away the same way it normally is though, fully-decorated and covered with trash bags. :lol3: