Chicken Recipes

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

All of this talk about food sounds so good. I decided to start a recipe thread. Share your chicken recipes with us.

My favorite is Grecian Chicken with Potatoes.

Ingredients:
1 Chicken (2-3 lbs) I use chicken breast
2 large Idaho Potatoes
2 tablespoons of minced Garlic
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 Lemon juice
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Paprica
Salt & Pepper

Cut chicken into 8 pieces (if using a whole chicken).
Get a shallow baking pan and place chicken in.
Cut up potatoes into wedges and place in pan.
Add a 1/4 cup of water
Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, paprica, salt and pepper.
pour on top of chicken and potatoes.
Place in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about an hour or til
chicken is golden brown, and potatoes are soft.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what to call this...but we eat it often!

Egg noodles
chicken
rotel
cream of chicken or cream of mushroom
whole kernal corn
velveeta
Small can of tomato sauce (4oz)

Boil noodles
cook chicken (i either cook a whole chicken or 3 or 4 breasts)
Preheat oven 350...add noodles, chicken, rotel, cream of mushroom/chicken, sauce and corn and mix together in a casserole dish...layer the top with slices of velveeta and cook in the oven uncovered for about 15-20 minutes...until cheese is melted...let cool for 5 minutes and serve! Goes over great with the kids!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds soooo good!!

This is mine and John's favorite!

Chicken Shake & Bake - very easy!

I usually defrost about 4 chicken breasts and marinate them in italian dressing for about a 1/2 hr...or longer

After they are done marinating I cut them into long strips and dip them into the shake and bake seasoning...also, in the seasoning I add chicken spices, laweries seasoning (spelled really wrong!) salt and pepper.

Then I just cook them in the oven at 350 for about 20 - 30 min.

YUM!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have to agree with Howard! Start with a few good recipes, and then once you get the hang of it, start experimenting. I'll dig out one of my favorite chicken dishes later.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Roasted Maple Chicken

4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 c. Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tbs. Butter
1/2 c. Maple Syrup
1 Large Onion, Sliced into Large Rings
1/4 tsp. Dried Sage
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
1/2 c. Water

coat chicken in mixture of flour and salt and pepper. In frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Pour maple syrup over chicken, turning to coat. Sprinkle sage and thyme over syrup. Arrange onion over chicken pieces. Pour water around chicken to cover the bottom of the Dutch oven. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until chicken is done, basting as needed. SERVES 4

I use lots of black pepper!

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chicken n Bacon Wraps

Chicken breast
bacon
tomato
lettuce
cheese
tortillas

Cook chicken and bacon- break into bite size pieces--add mayo, tomatos, shredded lettuce and cheese -- mix until creamy...wrap into a tortilla and serve!!! Yummy- quick and easy!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are a couple of variations on the same theme...

Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms

2-3 tbsp butter
3/4 lb chicken tenders, tendon removed
1/2 medium onion, slivered lengthwise
6-8 large mushrooms, sliced
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, quartered, choke removed
1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
1/4-1/2 cup dry vermouth

Select a large saute pan with a tight fitting lid. Heat it over medium high heat and then melt butter until bubbling. Add chicken and brown lightly. Remove from pan, add a little more butter, and the mushrooms and onions, and saute until the mushrooms are mostly done.

Whisk together soup, sour cream and vermouth.

Arrange browned chicken over the vegetables and spoon the sauce over. Cover, turn heat down to medium low, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring after about 5 minutes. Check for doneness. When you are satisfied that the chicken is cooked, add the artichoke hearts and cover for a couple more minutes, just to heat them through.

Serve with rice or noodles.

Serves 2-3.

Variation:

Cut the chicken tenders into bite sized pieces and marinate for 30-60 minutes in your favourite dressing. We get a really nice Vidalia onion vinaigrette, that is great for this.

quarter mushrooms
quarter artichoke hearts
skip the onions

Saute mushrooms in butter, until browned. When done, push aside, add a little more butter if necessary, then the chicken and some of the marinade, and brown, turning as necessary. When the chicken is browned, sprinkle some fresh thyme on the mushrooms, add artichokes and toss everything together. Remove from pan. Add a splash of the dressing you used for marinade, and let it heat just a bit, then a splash of vermouth, deglaze the pan, and reduce the sauce slightly. Then add a good spoonful of sour cream, stir, add back the chicken and veg, toss briefly to reheat. Serve with (or over) rice.

Enjoy.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have this thing that you put a can of beer into then put it in the cavity of a whole chicken, you know so the chicken is upright. We just season the bird with some poultry seasoning and toss it on the gas grill for about an hour. We don't cook hardly anything inside.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Please note that you are responding to a thread that was started back in 2005, so some of these posters may not be here anymore.

And, no, these recipes are not for cats; they are human recipes.