Chicken for my kitten

Noah-1415

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is about 10 weaks old wont eat dry cat food no matter how hard I try.
Wet canned food here is all imported. It is not produced locally so it is expensive.
Currently im feeding him chicken is that ok?
What else can I prepare for him?
And how much food does he need? He never seems satisfied.
Im scared that im starving him

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, just chicken is not a complete balanced diet for your kitten. You need to add supplements in some way. Please see these for information on how to make a home diet, either raw or cooked:

Kittens are rapidly growing and need to eat a lot of food to grow. It's recommended to feed kittens as much as they will eat. Several meals a day is ideal.

The dry food might be too hard for the kitten's little teeth to crunch apart. Is it a kitten specific food? You can try crushing the pieces up to make it easier to eat. An easy way to do this is to put the dry food into a plastic bag and whack away at it with a heavy cooking pot or hammer or whatever you have on hand. You can also try softening the food in water but don't let the mixture sit out for more than a few hours otherwise bacteria will grow and that may cause an upset tummy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you order online? It may be much cheaper. Cats are meat eaters and have survived for millions of years on prey. Feeding beef, goat, chicken, and other meats would vary the nutrients. Read up on taurine, it is the essential nutrient that cats need, I don't know if it is destroyed by cooking. Feed as much as the cat will eat several times a day, 3 or 4. You can't overfeed a growing kitten, up to a year old. he may eat a huge amount in the beginning, but once he learns he will get more and often he will slow down. All the Luck!