Check out this brave kitty defending his/her home!!!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a very brave cat! But I have to admit that I am a bit disturbed that whoever was filming (1) let the cat out, and (2) was laughing the whole time. If that was MY cat, I would have been freaking the heck out. I love bears, but I don't want my cat to meet one face to face anytime soon...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

That's a very brave cat! But I have to admit that I am a bit disturbed that whoever was filming (1) let the cat out, and (2) was laughing the whole time. If that was MY cat, I would have been freaking the heck out. I love bears, but I don't want my cat to meet one face to face anytime soon...
I totally hear you, but I think the cat was already outside, atleast thats what it looked like to me. Good thing the bear was only after their garbage!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, after watching again, I think you are right. The door opened at about 0:15, and at first I thought the cat ran out, but it does look like the cat was out to begin with. I'm just glad for the happy ending!!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope no one is ever going to try to break in to their house.
I've seen few other videos like this but couldn't find them anymore. Apparently cats are bears' natural enemy #1.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of those kitties are crazy!! And yeah... laughing at the cat standing down a bear ... NOT funny. I would also be hysterical. I woke up in the middle of the night a few weeks ago to hear a cat issuing low warning growls. Rrrrrrrrrrrr.... RRRrrrrrrrrr....

It was Tex. He was sitting in the perch at the bedroom window... thrashing his tail and growling at a raccoon that was under the tree out front... trying to get at the bird feeders.

That 'coon had to be 25-30 pounds of mean beast - Tex is 9.5 lbs soaking wet. I had to laugh ... and I told Tex - hun, that raccoon would whip your butt! (not that I would ever let the two of them "meet.")

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree, that is such a brave kitty! Whoever lives in that house can't be very smart...they left garbage on the deck, and their cat was outside. And there's BEARS in the area!!!!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was definitely disturbed that she laughed when her cat ran after the bear! Brave kitty though, I'm glad he wasn't hurt.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

That 'coon had to be 25-30 pounds of mean beast - Tex is 9.5 lbs soaking wet. I had to laugh ... and I told Tex - hun, that raccoon would whip your butt! (not that I would ever let the two of them "meet.")
My poor, tiny kitty... she likes to chirp at pigeons outside my window that I swear are bigger than she is!!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!! I would have been freaking out! I would have put myself between Roxy and the bear!!!

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For sure, that person is an idiot. However, always cool to see a kitty displaying one of the many attributes that makes them great. Cats > humans.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A person is not very smart when they know they live in an area shared with bears and they leave food outside. They have been seen on our driveway just outside the garage door. Because of that, our garbage stays covered in the garage. I never leave anything on my porch that even smells like food, although I cook out there sometimes. One of our neighbors made that mistake and came home to find all the screen missing and her porch destroyed. Recently a bear opened the fellowship hall door of a local church and was in the back area of the church. Out front there was a wedding rehearsal going on in the sanctuary. Luckily enough nobody went back there. When the bear decided to, he went out the same way he went in. There were witnesses.