Charity Ideas Please

danielle gooch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm hoping to help out my local animal shelter this winter with lots of blankets and duvets to keep their animals warm at night. Obviously to do this I need to raise some money and I'm really in need of some ideas. 

I'm already planning on doing a couple of cup cake days at work, I've done these before but I usually only manage to make around £15 a day. 

Please all ideas are welcome :) 

Thanks 

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here in the US, we hold yard sales.  I've raised about $1000 for our s/n program.  I host it and I and other members bring goodies to sell.

It's a fun day because you have a lot of company and lots of neat things to sell.  Otherwise it's kind of boring to sit and wait for customers.  It's a great way to clean house, although you should NOT go through the other seller's things.  Chances are you will buy stuff and your clean house will fill up again. 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Set up a donation site, such as GoFundMe, and advertise it everywhere! You could also put on a benefit, line up donations of entertainment and food and venue, and sell tickets. Or a smaller event, maybe appetizers or dessert at your house with everyone you know invited - for a pleasant evening and food, people will donate what they can afford (and everyone has a nice time to boot).

You can go down to the local TV station and newspaper building (they are always looking for "feel good stories") and get the media to advertise for you. If you do this, make sure you have an online site for the donations. 

Last edited: