Change adds up.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been putting my change into a coffee can for months.  In Canada we have coins for our 1 and 2 dollar denominations (Loonies and Toonies).  I usually end up raiding the can for those periodically.

Today I decided to cash in the coins. Most were pennies, quarters, nickles and dimes but there were some "Loonies and Toonies".  The Safeway I shop at has a coin counter. I cashed in nearly $90 in change!  Nice bonus.  I'm going to Grand Forks next weekend, so I can use that for some "mad money"

Now I can start fresh again.  Canada is no longer producing pennies, so there won't be many of those to save.

Anyone else save their change?

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup:)  I try to avoid raiding the bottle but do every so often.  Last cash in was 150few weeks ago).  one before was 225 or so.  We try to use cash and not debit at all except online bills and never give exact change.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
keep the canadian pennys they may be worth allot in 20 or so years

yah my house eats any change in are pockets and wen we have no money and have to get something like toliet paper or something we raid are house XD last money count was around 25 or so in just qurters and dimes and nickles we found laying around :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
$yes! I love getting a ton of it and cashing it in. We usually get around $200 or so. :)

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for reminding me. I have a couple of containers with change and I've been meaning to cash it in.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can never save change cause we are always going to the store for something..