Chain Text Messages

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by speakhandsforme

I'm the only registered Democrat in my large family, so I get lots of stupid chain emails about how we can't be sure the President wasn't born in Africa, etc.

They all loved George W. Bush, so every time I get a chain email bashing President Obama, I find a "Bushism" online and send it back to them.

Some of my favorites:

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again.'"

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best."
I am a Conservative Republican. My half sister is a Raging Liberal. The stuff she bombards me with is ridiculous. Does she truly believe I'm going to change my moral values based on some of that stuff, sent by email.

Now I just send her stuff I know will irritate her, John Edwards is always a good one. Monica jokes go over really badly as well. I find it fun and I know she's spitting mad.
Win-win.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate chain text messages (and emails!). The first time someone sends me one, I just delete it. If it happens again, I politely ask that person NOT to send them to me. That usually takes care of that problem. :) 

washu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sending me a chain message/email is a quick way to get on my block list. I blocked my grandma from emailing me because of forward spam. I asked her to stop sending them, but she continued.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Exactly. Regardless of your political affiliation, it's just idiotic to think you'll change people's minds through stupid emails.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the only registered Democrat in my large family, so I get lots of stupid chain emails about how we can't be sure the President wasn't born in Africa, etc.

The same thing happens to me. All. The. Time!

I constantly get Obama/liberal bashing emails. At one point over a year ago I researched the "Obama" health reform issue - and spent a long time doing it. I did a lot of fact checking. I don't agree with all of it (and don't claim to know all of it), but the things I read in their emails were at best misunderstandings, and at worst flat out lies.

I provided a rebuttal to their accusations and sent it to the sender and all the people she sent the original email to. I added information about fact checking websites. Not one of them ever responded. I don't even know if they read my message. Sometimes it seems like they send these stupid things on without even reading them.

My cousin was one of my recipents. She and I had never exchanged emails before. Now she sends me all the "bash the liberals" emails she comes across. 

The bashing emails haven't even slowed down.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It even goes on Facebook. I've had three friends post something along the lines of "God will do two BIG things for you today" if you re-post. Yeah, I'm pretty sure God is checking his FB page to see who's re-posting or not!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But....now I get this ctm.....saying I will suffer if I don't pass it on. 
If you want, I can tell you a kitten will go hungry if you do pass it on, that way it cancels out.    Won't someone please think of the kittens?

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I get them I delete them before I even get to the end of reading it, they are so pointless and make people worry for no good reason
:yeah: I don't read chain emails or text - no reading, no harm! (not that there would be harm in reading, but who knows? I am superstitious, just can't help it!)