Cautiously optimistic

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got some samples of the Dr. Elsey canned food and so far kitties love it. They are usually not fans of pate. Now, I realize once I buy a case, they will no longer like it, but I’m hoping for a miracle here. I’ll be thrilled if they like a limited ingredient food that is great quality. Kinda wishing now that I hadn’t ordered so much koha, but i guess it’s good to mix it up a little too.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a warning,incase you didnt already know,the Turkey is runny when first opened. Second place is the duck. I think one of my cats doesn't like it when first opened some I'm going to try refrigerating it first

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s actually probably better for me since they usually like foods with gravy and have not been fans of pate. The cans of koha I bought kinda congeal in the fridge and a couple times I’ve added a little water to it to make it soupier again. Of course one of them decided she doesn’t want to eat the koha now, but at least the other one is eating it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So here’s how it’s going. Sophie apparently will go on a starvation diet until I produce food she finds worthy of eating. I don’t think either of them has touched the kibble for days. I leave a tiny bit in the bowl in case they need something to eat while I’m at work.

I worry they are not getting enough calories. I figured they would still eat some kibble in the mornings. Henry won’t eat much at a time so I have to put food out more often I guess. Both gobbled down the koha when I got a few cans at the local store. Of course now that I ordered cases, Sophie turns up her nose at it. Henry will eat some, but I end up mixing it with the tiki cat or the Dr. Elsey‘s to get them to finish it. I just ordered a case of the Dr. Elsey‘s turkey, so hopefully they will continue to like it.