Cattitude Part II: Deer Chasing

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought pissing in the woodchuck hole was enough proof of Aya's cattitude, but what I saw this morning almost tops that. I'm not sure if the little one, Aya, just has too much tortitude or a secret death wish.

I looked out the window around 9 or 10am and spotted a doe exploring our neighbor's fruit trees and grass. I was inside and there were no people out so she was doing this in a leisurely deer fashion. Seeing deer in our yard is not uncommon as we back up against a patch of woods and as both we and the neighbors have fruit trees (mostly apples) the deer like to come visit.

What I saw next was a riot. Aya was crouched down in the mowed grass with her belly pressed to the ground. I can just see her thinking, "I is hungry lion in sarangeti stalking wilderbeast!"

The deer was more amused than frightened and actually approached within 8 feet or so to investigate this bold if foolish kitty giving her a good sniff.

After five or so minutes of this friendly stand-off, the deer got bored and strolled away. Aya got all excited and chased the deer down our road. The deer stops turns around and looks at the kitty behind her as if to say, "Are you serious? Get real."

Cattitude or death wish?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At heart, all cats are the African wildcat stalking prey in the veldt.  Aya just lets it out more. My cats will sit on the back porch and want to get at the deer that go by.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  That is awesome! How fun that must have been to see! I don't know what Maia would do if she ever, but definitely not that

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is absolutely hysterical!!! 
It's definitely cattitude,  Like you said in your post.   " I can just see her thinking, "I is hungry lion in sarangeti stalking wilderbeast!" '

Last edited: