Cats watching "Pet Sitter" video

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Where do you get these videos? Do they play for just an hour or two? I know these are stupid questions, but I am not familiar with them!
Roxie has one too! We got ours at Petco. They have a "continous loop" option that just lets it play over and over so you can leave it on when your not home if you want. It's great. I pop it on for Rox in the bedroom while I'm cleaning and let her sit on the computer chair and push her right up to the tv. Keeps her out of my hair for a loooong time!

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow!

What a fantastic idea, I just looked it up and here is the link--http://petsittervideos.com/

They also have a sample to watch.

Going on their Christmas list this year!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thats so cute! Whats all on the video? I dont know if my boys would get into anything like that or not?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww, thats so cute! Whats all on the video? I dont know if my boys would get into anything like that or not?
Video Catnip is just clips with birds chirping and flying across the screen, as well as some clips of squirrels and chipmunks running across the screen. At the beginning is some Keystone Cops music, and when it starts, the girls come running from all over the house as soon as they hear it. It's pretty boring for people, but my girls are absolutely fascinated by it!

http://www.cattv.com/page2.php#vc I just have the video, but the DVD might be fun to get since it's so long. Although, my girls usually only watch about 15 minutes of it before something else catches their interest.

Check out the "Testimonials" page of the above website....Cute pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the video at SuperPetz. As said earlier by someone, it does have a continuous loop, so you could play it while you're away. But, I'm afraid of the cats ruining our TV since they can reach it.
It has mice, hamsters, squirrels, birds, fish and butterflies on mine, but all scenes have the birds chirping, so its humorous when they're showing fish.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's Kiko watching his video ........

Kiko and Ducky ....... and Kiko trying to gently get the fish

Ducky and Laura

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Here's Kiko watching his video ........

Kiko and Ducky ....... and Kiko trying to gently get the fish

Ducky and Laura

Side by side!!
Now how sweet is that!!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My girls have the Catsitter DVD too, and they love it! They've watched it so much, that the DVD now skips in certain spots (imagine my tears when I saw that for the first time)

Like everyone said, it's basically birds and squirrels and hamsters and the like, doing their natural thing. There's no music, just a lot of squawking and chirping in the background (makes you think you're standing in a pet store, lol). The camera angle doesn't move, it's like someone put the camera down and walked away, and let the animals do their thing. Sometimes the camera will zoom in (probably someone in a nearby building with a remote) on a squirrel or bird that's off in the distance. My girls react better when the camera is stationary, though. When the camera starts moving to keep up with a running squirrel, I can see my girls getting ready to leave the room to find something more interesting to do.

Molly and Willow

All three (Buffy hated her when she arrived, and she still hates her now, lol)

"Oh my God! It sees me!!"

None of them can stand the parrots, though. Probably because they've never seen a parrot before in their lives, so this weird thing is just, well, weird. Plus it makes scary noises. Nothing pleasant like the little robins or sparrows. It's a shrieking, screaming, "Squaww! Squawww!" They all love the rodents, though, and Willow gets particularly, uh, involved when the little birds are on the screen, just pecking and eating at food on the roof of some building. When one flutters away suddenly, Willow will jump. In the beginning, when I'd first bought the DVD, I used to plant a chair in front of the TV (the one in the first couple of pics), and when a bird would flutter away, Willow would jump and crash into the TV. Willow's such a dignified, regal girl, so it was so hilarious to watch!

wendy56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 IF YOU GO TO GOOGLE AND TYPE IN SUNRISE PRODUCTIONS, IT SHOULD COME UP WITH CAT SITTER VIDEOS..THIS IS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THESE VIDEOS.I HAVE THREE OF THEM AND MY CATS LOVE IT .IT ALSO KEEPS THEM COMPANY WHEN THEY ARE ALONE FOR AWHILE.

I HAVE ORDERED THEM  AND THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE

TAKE CARE AND HOPE YOUR KITTIES ENJOY THESE!