Cats teeth gray, do we have to go to the vet or will it fix itself?

ramen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I adopted a cat around 2 months ago and he is currently around 5 months old.
908311A6-4B52-4A0A-865A-448124068614.jpeg
I noticed today that he has a tooth that looks gray and out of place
65A586A0-FE0D-4EC7-A501-E1BDD489F231.jpeg
do we need to go th vet immediately or will it fixitself or something. Thanks

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Personally, I would go to the vet because that doesn't look normal. Could be an infection maybe? I've never seen anything like that before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ramen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Personally, I would go to the vet because that doesn't look normal. Could be an infection maybe? I've never seen anything like that before.
Can it be after the next couple days? I just got the vaccine and am a little sick so won’t be able to drive for the next day or two

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Can it be after the next couple days? I just got the vaccine and am a little sick so won’t be able to drive for the next day or two
Is she eating/drinking/using her litter box okay? If she is, I'm pretty sure it can wait until you're better.
Maybe you can email the picture to the vet?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely call the vet and tell them what is going on. Besides being gray it is looking to me like it is breaking or somehow dislocated. Photos are not always easy for me to see but this is an issue for a vet to attend to no matter what the case. I think that as soon as you tell them what you see, they will schedule you to bring kitty in. Better to get it looked at than to risk it being painful or causing eating problems or infection. Always trust your instincts. If it makes you think of calling the vet, do so. They are the best ones to advise you when it comes to health issues.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our posts crossed. If you just got the vaccine, then you need to be safe. You don’t need to be at risk and that won’t help kitty. Call the vet and get information going. As said by Krienze Krienze maybe you can text or email a photo. Who knows, perhaps they can advise you or send some meds if needed so you don’t need to go right away. That might put your mind at rest too. I hope you feel better quickly. Please do let us know how you and kitty are doing.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is at the age where he should be teething, so it could be a baby tooth that's hanging on. But I can't tell what's going on by the picture. See if you can get more obvious pictures, then call your vet and ask how you can send the pics (email or text or what), and see what the vet has to say.

ramen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everybody for the suggestions. I think I might wait until tomorrow to see if it is any better and is just a baby tooth or if it is still like that, then I will probably call or email the pet if I still feel a little sick. Thank you and I will keep you updated xx

ramen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I adopted a cat around 2 months ago and he is currently around 5 months old. View attachment 396767I noticed today that he has a tooth that looks gray and out of placeView attachment 396768do we need to go th vet immediately or will it fixitself or something. Thanks
Thank you everybody for the suggestions. I think I might wait until tomorrow to see if it is any better and is just a baby tooth or if it is still like that, then I will probably call or email the pet if I still feel a little sick. Thank you and I will keep you updated xx
ok update

the tooth fell out while he was eating so I’m assuming it was a baby tooth. Thanks everyone for the input 😊😊