Cats scab came off

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So it happened, my cats scab came off and it looks nothing like how I thought it would. Its not BLEEDING its just that one spot you see. I dont know if I should schedule an appointment or not.
5C5BECFE-3FC2-4753-9C55-7293F4098B7A.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scabs falling off is part of the normal healing process, just like it is for people :) Your cat's skin looks fine and healing so I wouldn't worry about it. Email the vet with the picture or call if you want some reassurance. If the cat starts scratching at the area, you may need to cover the area with a baby t shirt or something to keep the wound from being opened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Scabs falling off is part of the normal healing process, just like it is for people :) Your cat's skin looks fine and healing so I wouldn't worry about it. Email the vet with the picture or call if you want some reassurance. If the cat starts scratching at the area, you may need to cover the area with a baby t shirt or something to keep the wound from being opened.
thank you so much!!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's just about done with her "convalescence," I wouldn't worry much. Talk it over with your vet when you can, but she'll probably have completely healed up by then. Just keep her from messing with it.