Cat's Nose is Scabby and Peeling

EStarstruck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all. Made an account here as googling hasn't given me any results. I plan on taking her to the vet next week as she already has an appointment, but I'd really like to know if yall have any thoughts.

Her nose is super dry and a giant chunk peeled off while she was cleaning her face. It's definitely causing her pain. Has anyone had any experience with something like this? She's 6, indoors only, and doesn't spend much time in the sun.

Attachments

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat in the 70s who had a pink nose that kept getting black scabs - turned out it was skin cancer. She spent a fair bit of time outside though. I’m glad you’re getting your kit to the vet, hopefully they will know what it is (and hopefully not cancer). Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EStarstruck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a cat in the 70s who had a pink nose that kept getting black scabs - turned out it was skin cancer. She spent a fair bit of time outside though. I’m glad you’re getting your kit to the vet, hopefully they will know what it is (and hopefully not cancer). Good luck!
I really hope it isn't. I have her scheduled for bloodwoork. I think I'll have them get a biopsy of her nose scabs just to be safe.