Cats nipple is crusty, should I be worried?

lexx.iee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Luna is 2 years old, unspayed (planning on doing so) and has only been in my apartment since I’ve got her 7 months ago, so I know she isn’t pregnant. I’m worried because I was rubbing her belly and felt one of her nipples that seemed hard, so I checked it, it isn’t red and the area around it is fine.
But her nipple was crusty and had a white tip at the top. It didn’t bother her when I was touching it. She does have dry skin (a lot of dandruff recently) I’m wondering if this is just dry skin or maybe an allergy to a food change? (I changed her kibble about a month or so ago, noticed she had dry skin since and never noticed her nipple being dry until now too) she’s also not very good at cleaning herself at times, she doesn’t clean as much as I see her sister do. I just don’t want it to be anything bad. I will definitely keep an eye on it to see if anything changes, maybe even take her to the vet to have check out. Thank you for any help in advance.
DD8FF0F6-B297-48A3-9BAB-F924D9CF6200.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you ENTIRELY sure she isnt preg? Its easy happen to sneak out, and get the deed done!
If she is unspayed, and has silent heat, do count when she smells a tom nearby, she will try to sneak out...

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it possible the white tip at the top is simply dry skin? You could try putting some coconut oil on it to alleviate the dryness and see what happens, but the hardness is a little concerning, if it doesn't match up with the firmness of her other nipples. If there is a difference between this one and the others, better safe than sorry and have a VET take a look at it.