cats need re homing

teddy29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need help with re homing my cats. I don't want to because I love them dearly but forced to due to job that involves travelling.

Im worried about using other sites as I've heard ppl use cats in training dogs in dog fights :(

The cat sanctuarys are full and cant help. What do I do?

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any friends or family who can take or foster them? Are there any local cat rescues who can advertise for you? Quite a few rescues in my area are more than happy to do "courtesy posts" for people who need to rehome their pets.

You can also reach out to them and see if they would be willing to take the cats in the future if they're still without a new home. If time runs out and you need to move without a resolution, they may be able to work something out with fostering or taking them in (especially if it's after kitten season has passed). The rescues I've had experiences with have been exhaustive - in a good way - about weeding out potentially bad owners.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teddy29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've rang all through the lists of local cat sanctuaries that don't euthanize cats but they are all full to the brim with long waiting lists of 3/6 months. I won't be in the country next month im so worried. Family and friends cant help either. So just seeing what else I can do. If any cat lovers can take them on id be grateful.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try posting with humane societies and rescues. You don't have to surrender the cats, but they can post ads for you on sites like PetFinder, or their own Facebook/website with your contact info listed. You don't mention your location, but this is an international forum so the chances of someone here personally being able to take your cats is relatively low, but it can help to give an idea of your nearest major city in case anyone can step forward.

If you're adopting them out yourself, ask to have the entire family come meet the cats and make sure you get to know them and what kind of life they're willing to provide your cats (things like indoor/outdoor, declawing, how they feel about routine vet visits, what they would do in case of emergency, what their past pet ownership was like, etc.) and ask for an adoption fee.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks. Im from the UK west midlands. Fingers crossed.
Ohh your not that far from me :lol3:

The Cats Protection League in the Cannock/ Burntwood area will actually advertise your cats for free on their website from you. It's a new thing they have started doing :D

All new potential owners see advert and contact you only. The rescue have nothing to do with the rehoming except letting you advertise on their website.