Cats might have been sprayed with Raid

ejyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A family member sprayed Raid in the backyard while my cats were outside around 30 min ago. While the cats weren't directly sprayed, I'm worried that they might have come into contact with it via other surfaces the spray landed on. I got them inside as fast as I could and wiped down their fur a few times, but I'm still nervous from hearing how poisonous Raid is to cats. Was wondering if anyone has insight on what I should be watching out for while monitoring them.

Also, my cats like to play in our backyard but i'm hesitant to let them back out later in the day because the spray could still be lingering around. Any advice on when it would be safe to let them outside again?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Read the back of the Raid container to see what it says about the product and pets. If in doubt call your vet or poisen control

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. What did the Raid container say? How are the cats doing? Many of these sprays are supposed to be safe once dry, so I am hoping that is the case with the Raid that was used. As quickly as you acted, I would guess your cats weren't harmed.

Names and pics of your cats would be appreciated!!! We love seeing everyone's cats!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep your cats in for the time being- Raid has an ingredient, Pyrethrin, that can not be processed by a cat's liver quick enough.