Cat's Eye

c413jones2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

I know everyone is going to tell me to get to a vet. The problem is i'm stuck in a snow storm and cannot leave and haven't been able to.

I have two cats. One of them, Elliot- has had his right eye quite irritated today. White mucus, and he's been rubbing at it a lot. I noticed a few minutes ago it got really red and a bit swollen. I am contacting a vet as soon as they're open and we can get on the roads- but I need to know if there's anything I can do for him now. I'm so worried. Any info will help.

Laurie00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can warm a moist cotton ball and place on eye lid. Can help with the irritation. But will need antibiotics likely. Do you know why this happened? Scratched eye? Illness? Is she sneezing?
Many times an upper respiratory infection can cause eye discharge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c413jones2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm really not sure. He hasn't had any issues and I clean their eyes daily. I did notice an occasional sneeze and huff, but that was it.. I'm hoping to get to a vet by Tuesday. I've only had them for about a month and a half so I'm worried.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c413jones2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can warm a moist cotton ball and place on eye lid. Can help with the irritation. But will need antibiotics likely. Do you know why this happened? Scratched eye? Illness? Is she sneezing?
Many times an upper respiratory infection can cause eye discharge.
I'm really not sure. He hasn't had any issues and I clean their eyes daily. I did notice an occasional sneeze and huff, but that was it.. I'm hoping to get to a vet by Tuesday. I've only had them for about a month and a half so I'm worried.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That must be uncomfortable for your kitty. You can try to wipe it with a moist cotton ball, try to clean the discharge. My cats had eye infections when they were kittens. The vet only gave us eye cream to apply and it cleared off in a few days. I did the same and cleaned the discharge for them. That’s what you can do until you’re able to see a vet.