Cat's eating location

Vintoncat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our 9 y/o rescue cat has not been eating well for several days. He had a vet visit and got a couple of shots Monday and moped around for a while. His energy seems back, but he is still congested and sneezing. The of thing is I put his bowl on the front porch and he gobbled it up. But moving it back in it's normal position in the horse, he was back to sniffing and walking off. Back out on the porch, he's eating. Any thoughts?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Maybe due to the weather outside (and the wind level), he can breathe better and therefore it is less of a struggle to eat because of the congestion?? Just a wild guess... Maybe run hot water in your bathroom, and sit with him for a while in there to see if the steam helps open up his airways?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can be very picky about their dining spots! We have a cat who sometimes refuses to eat in the same spots all the time -- I just carry her dish to where she leads me (this can vary a lot!) and then she eats fine. Doing that is much less hassle than trying to get her to eat in the "wrong" spot!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anything else different outside? Like is the plate located higher or lower than where it is located at home -- because if there is anything like that maybe it's not the outside part but the other difference helps.