Cat wound

Ghengis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey!
My cat (Maximo) got outside and fought with another cat ending up with this wound.
I was wondering if this is infected or not?
He's been acting the exact same as he always does I'm just worried this might be worse than it actually is.
He's about 3 years old

Attachments

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It does not look infected yet, but I would get some anti-bac ointment on that asap.......IF that wound was half that size then it could probably be worked out, but it looks like you need to see someone or go somewhere to get some anti-bac ointment for that injury.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghengis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It does not look infected yet, but I would get some anti-bac ointment on that asap.......IF that wound was half that size then it could probably be worked out, but it looks like you need to see someone or go somewhere to get some anti-bac ointment for that injury.....
Alright thank you for your response!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First, welcome to TCS! :wave3: I would be concerned about your cat's wound and definitely contact your vet. You can even send them the pic you posted above. Second, I would advise keeping Maximo indoors for the time being and not leave him out until the wound has completely healed. Please keep us updated on his progress.:alright:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: to TCS- nice to meet you and Maximo.

It doesn't look good and I can't see it well enough to say ,I'm not thrilled with the color of it but photos are difficult to tell if it's yellow ,pinkish?

I'd suggest you take him to your Vet,at least to get him an anti biotic injection- have you cleaned it well with a warm soapy water?I'd not put anything topical in it so he won't be ingesting something unsafe .... it's better to take every precaution rather than taking any chances ,it's a bad place for infection( well any infection is bad) but especially the face

Please keep us posted

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any interaction with an unknown cat resulting in a wound should be seen by a professional. My parents have a stray cat (12 years now) who in his prime would love to scrap with other neighborhood cats. He had gotten a little wound in his leg that they thought nothing of that ended up needing an operation and staples. Not saying this is the case with your baby but in my opinion it’s ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. Sending healing vibes your way ❤❤❤

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if its not infected it is no doubt excruciatingly painful. The whisker cheeks are extremly sensitive and packed with nerves. Hr needs a painkiller at the bare minimum.

Looking closer at it there appears to be puss coming from it. This wound is most likely infected and extreamly painful. Don't mess around with this he needs a vet asap.

Build a cato to keep him safe from now on.