Cat Won't Stop Scratching Door At Night!

samtoes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there!

I have a 3 y/o female flame point siamese named Luna. She is the sweetest girl, but lately at night, especially around 4am when I'm really in a deep sleep she'll get up off the bed and scratch at the front entrance door of my apartment. I'm in a studio so there's no way to avoid hearing this, and I'm also worried it's disturbing my neighbours.

It's really jarring being woken at this time every morning, it's really starting to wear me down! I'm trying a lavender spray on the door tonight to see if that deters her, but so far nothing else has worked... any advice?

Additional info, I feed her twice a day, wet food during the day and dry at night (I find she's less active at night if she gets dry food.) If she's not up scratching she sleeps quite peacefully with me on the bed.

Thanks so much!

Sam and Luna :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could tape a bunch of aluminum foil or buy the stuff from the pet store that is a large sticky sheet you place on the door so when they touch it they don't like the feel of. Or ear plugs. I have been there. Its ridiculously annoying. I sleep with a fan on now to drown out the sounds of my 3 cats at night in whatever they are doing...

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah sticky tape :)

Again note she said siamese ... just saying ;) *giving my punk:redtongue: the evil eye*

My punk torments his brother when he doesn't get his daily hunt on. So I don't get woken up by growling from my poor babybear as my punk hunts him at night I play with my punk about 15-30 minutes before I go to sleep. It helps to tire him out. Interactive toys in the living room might help to.... also I sleep with a fan on.