Cat wont eat/drink or use the bathroom after spay

kitten_cuddles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my 2yr old girl spayed on Monday (Nov. 27th). When she came home she was obviously out of it but still ate a few bites of her food before bed that night. I checked the litter box the next day and only say what looked like maybe a few drops of urine (the clump was maybe a tiny bit bigger than a quarter). She didn't eat, drink or use the litter yesterday (11/28) and today nothing so far again. She's acting normal otherwise & think her incision looks ok but I'm kind of worried. Is this normal?? Should I contact the rescue who got me the low cost spay appt??

Attachments

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Personally I would call the clinic. Let them know what’s been going and your concerns and see what they say. You could also try to some extra tasty food or a little tuna to get her to eat.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would definitely contact the Vet as this is NOT normal. And I can't really tell about the pictures, there doesn't seem to be any seepage, but is that a very large lump at one end, or just her position?

In the meantime, perhaps you can try tempting her to eat something other than her usual food?

Hoping everything is AOK and that she's just having some sensitivity to the meds they used for the surgery

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: