Cat with Persistent Diarrhea HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JosLoveCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update

Last Friday I received the Natural Thyroid support drops, and started to give them to him, and also continue with the Proviable Probiotics

After 5 doses of thw drops, yesterday his stools started to become firm and trying to form cylindrical intestinal shape

With the Natural thyroid support drops he is definitely more calm, he is sleeping more in the last couple nights, not meowing that much for eating every time, he is less nervous, anxious, etc. and he is eating with less desperation. He also seems to be feeling better during the day, acting more normal like he is

However, I noticed that today he drank too much water like days before, and now the stool became watery diarrhea again, after it was getting more firm

Is there something related to drinking too much water than can cause watery diarrhea???

I will continue him in the Natural drops and probiotics to see if the stools improve again

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Diaheria causes dehydration. Drinking too much water can also be uti. I would take him to a vet. Stop the thyroid. Give your vet a call. Is the thyroid something your vet suggested?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JosLoveCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Diaheria causes dehydration. Drinking too much water can also be uti. I would take him to a vet. Stop the thyroid. Give your vet a call. Is the thyroid something your vet suggested?
First,

It's NOT uti because he is urinating perfectly fine!!!

Second,

The Vet prescribed him two antibiotics one for "maybe a possible" Giardia and another for Coccidia infection but just guessing BECAUSE as I stated in my previous comments fecal tests were doing to him in three different Vet clinics and always came negative. So am I suppose to give him those antibiotics after he is negative in fecal tests???

Okay let's say the test were false negative, but PLEASE READ THIS

Giardia and Coccidia infection in Cats is only transmitted via contaminated fecal to oral way.

This Cat is 100% indoor, he is NOT with contact with any other cat in the exterior. So how he will have Giardia or Coccidia infection without being in contact with any transmisible possibility???

In any case, maybe, he can have a Tapeworm infection that is transmitted via fleas

By the way, I am a graduated Biologist with a Bachelor Degree in Sciences, and with other professional studies.

I am also a Cat rescuer, and I has been in direct contact with Cats for the past 16 to 17 years

I have taken Cats to Vet and even for emergency clinics in situations that have required surgical and chemical intervention.

But this case is different

Please stop continue saying to take him to the Vet. I will remember you once agian that the Vet was guessing in this case. And that even in this forums you will find right now cases where Cats are having serious health issues after taking medicine that the Vets have prescribed to them.

Thank you

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
We are not vets and the fact that members have suggested veterinary care is because your cat appears to have continued issues and we do not want to see him continue to be unwell. Increased water consumption could be triggered by the thyroid if that is indeed his diagnosis, along with other problems.

We cannot tell you to ignore the advice of your vet. Members can speak anecdotally about what has helped their cats, but we cannot tell you to follow those protocols either. We cannot tell you not to seek veterinary advice if we feel that your cat would profit from another consultation.