Cat with dime sized baldish spot on lower back

needycatz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat has this spot which just appeared and we noticed yesterday. We were gone for the holidays and got back on the 28th. We noticed this spot on her back yesterday Jan 2. Her brother, same age, has no spots and does not seem itchy. She also does not seem itchy and doesn't care about the spot. In the attached pictures, it's the same picture but I just tried to highlight the circle where it seems to be a bit more ruddy/crusty. It's not that bad, it is not bright red . Just a little more dark, like eczema.

1000024057.jpg

Cat has this spot which just appeared and we noticed yesterday. We were gone for the holidays and got back on the 28th. We noticed this spot on her back yesterday Jan 2. Her brother, same age, has no spots and does not seem itchy. She also does not seem itchy and doesn't care about the spot. In the attached pictures, it's the same picture but I just tried to highlight the circle where it seems to be a bit more ruddy/crusty. It's not that bad, it is not bright red . Just a little more dark, like eczema.
By the way, they are both 5 years old, indoor, standard tabby cats. They have been on revolution plus flea meds for their whole lives. No change in diet but I did give a small portion of a new protein and brand two days ago, which my cat with the spot did not seem too interested in. So, I doubt it's an allergic reaction

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since it doesn't seem all that inflamed, can you just wipe/clean the area and watch it? Of course, there's always a vet visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

needycatz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since it doesn't seem all that inflamed, can you just wipe/clean the area and watch it? Of course, there's always a vet visit.
Yes this is our current plan. Hopefully it improves over the next few days! Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

needycatz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We went to the vet and the vet wasn't concerned. He said it was likely overgroooming. Now, a week later, it has started to grow back fur! We believe she got stressed and overgroomed. Perhaps, during or right before we left for vacation. All is well now :)