Cat with bulging sides

Subee30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have a neutered male cat (dragon) who is 3-years-old. We adopted him from a great rescue when he was 3 months old, and he’s up to date on all shots, flea prevention, etc.

he is a huge cat. He’s a big boned cat but also overweight at 22 pounds. He seems healthy with shiny coat, plenty of energy, social, etc, but he’s occasionally peeing on the floor and we’ve noticed he kind of bulges out around the middle. If you didn’t know he was a boy, you’d think he was a very pregnant cat.

I’ve had cats all my life but never one shaped like this. He eats fine, drinks fine, and moves fine. Except for the occasional urinating outside the box, he seems to eliminate appropriately. So is this bulging out a cause for concern?

for further info, we have 4 other cats all around the same age. They mostly get along except dragon and 1 other are bitter rivals. I have 7 litter boxes in various locations around the house that are all scooped and cleaned regularly.

JC fka JClark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a trip to the vet for blood work. Occasional urination outside the box is never normal behaviour.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would also have him checked for worms, just to be on the safe sides. It could be that he needs to go on a diet as well.