Cat water

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard of a product called cat water? I saw it being sold in a store for like 9 dollars for a 4L (1gal) bottle.

Now, I can get a 18L (5gal) bottle of distilled/demineralized water for even less at 8.25 from the culligan man.

Is this product just overpriced distilled water? They claim its "ph ballanced" whatever that means but other than that it just looks like ordinary distilled water. Very overpriced distilled water.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds like another cunning way to separate the gullible from their cash.

:rolleyes2:

Our tap water is pretty good. If you ever buy yourself a bottle of Fuji Mineral water you've just bought exactly the same water that comes out of our taps. My cats still prefer to drink rain water from the big ceramic bowl I have outside.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We used to use bottles of spring water from the store (75 cents a gallon) because our well water was so bad. Hydrox got crystals a couple of times because of our water and that's when we switched over. We no longer have any male cats. And several years ago, we installed a really good water system in the basement. Our fridge also has a decent system, plus we have a Brita for the girls. During the pandemic, a gallon of spring water jumped to $1.50 a gallon. Ridiculous. Although if we had male cats, I'd go ahead and buy it for them.

I would never give the girls distilled water; as game misconduct game misconduct said, it just doesn't have the minerals and such that they need. Not saying that's what this "cat water" is, but I would think it unnecessary. And way overpriced.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From what I’ve read all of those “special” waters are just marketing gimmicks. Even when my kids were babies on formula I didn’t get anything fancy. Their pediatrician and I had chats about that stuff.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of it, but agree it sounds like a gimmick. Our cats drink either filtered tap water if DH is filling the bowls or extra filtered water from the fridge if I am giving them water. How extra filtered? The house has a water filtatration system and the fridge has its own filter.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats drink spring water that comes in bottles. It's a few cents for 2 liters. A bottle lasts nearly three weeks for two cats.
Moreover, it's the kind of water that most, if not all, pediatricians advice for infants and toddlers, it's a certified spring water.
I add it to their wet meals too.