Cat vomits and diarrheas the Vet food for Kidney care dry food wont eat wet

wenty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She does this with Science diet and Royal canin kidney care food. So do I need to slowly transition her longer on this food or is there a different food that might work on her? Vet said to feed her on a high carb high grain food with low protein will work also if not the kidney food. She wont eat wet food.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. While I don't know how many cats vomit and have diarrhea with the prescription renal foods, it is well known that many cats do not like them, or tire of them very easily, so a lot of folks can't rely on them anyway.

Are you saying your cat won't eat any kind of wet food? Do you occasionally try to offer her different ones to see if she will eat any of them? Nonetheless, I am giving you links to Tanya's web site for lower phosphorus foods (one of the primary goals for CKD cats) - both wet and dry. Maybe you can try not only some of the dry ones, but trial a few of the wet ones too.

The rest of her site, if you are not familiar with it, is a wealth of information for all things related to CKD cats. You might want to take a look through the sections to see what you think. It is comprehensive and extensive, but well worth reading through it.
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease- Canned Food Data USA (felinecrf.org)
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease- Dry Food Data USA (felinecrf.org)

The main link to her site: Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat (felinecrf.org)