Cat vomiting bile

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning and saw my cat vomiting bile and then I saw two other yellow spots on my bedsheet meaning it vomited 3 times in little amount there was also this very very tiny piece of chicken? (His last meal),he was last fed at the vets here aren't good give the wrong medicines I trying to fin a good one,what is happening to him,this Is the first time he vomited it he is 7 months old short haired so could it be hairball?. How long should I wait,he seems healthy these days but the bile vomit is making me worried
20220503_080120.jpg

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I woke up this morning and saw my cat vomiting bile and then I saw two other yellow spots on my bedsheet meaning it vomited 3 times in little amount there was also this very very tiny piece of chicken? (His last meal),he was last fed at the vets here aren't good give the wrong medicines I trying to fin a good one,what is happening to him,this Is the first time he vomited it he is 7 months old short haired so could it be hairball?. How long should I wait,he seems healthy these days but the bile vomit is making me worried
When a cat vomits bile, which is usually yellowish liquid. In other words, it's stomach acid. This happens when there's no food left in the stomach.

As bile helps to break down food, it may have gone into the stomach when your cat is hungry and therefore there's nothing o break down, and thus your cat vomit out bile. This also happens when your cat skipped a meal or may not have been fed for several hours after the last meal.

Feed your cat more often to avoid this from happening. Make sure he has enough to eat throughout the day.

If this happens frequently even when your cat is full, it may signal some other health issues which requires the attention of the vet.

I would suggest that you feed your cat more often in a day and observe if this vomiting of bile still happens, if it does not, it means that he's really hungry and if he does, please have him check with a good vet.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At seven month old, he's really still a kitten. As tabbytom tabbytom said, more feedings. He isn't likely to overeat at his age. Try four smaller feedings per day, to keep something in his stomach. Gradually, over the next few months, decrease the number of feeding from four to three to two. Once he is full grown, he should eat twice a day. Once is just not a good schedule for cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I
When a cat vomits bile, which is usually yellowish liquid. In other words, it's stomach acid. This happens when there's no food left in the stomach.

As bile helps to break down food, it may have gone into the stomach when your cat is hungry and therefore there's nothing o break down, and thus your cat vomit out bile. This also happens when your cat skipped a meal or may not have been fed for several hours after the last meal.

Feed your cat more often to avoid this from happening. Make sure he has enough to eat throughout the day.

If this happens frequently even when your cat is full, it may signal some other health issues which requires the attention of the vet.

I would suggest that you feed your cat more often in a day and observe if this vomiting of bile still happens, if it does not, it means that he's really hungry and if he does, please have him check with a good vet.
I feed my cat 200-250 gm chicken 5 times a day at 8 am ,1 PM,5 PM,9 PM and 12 PM,
Last night he ate at 12 o clock and vomited around 7 in the morning

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I

I feed my cat 200-250 gm chicken 5 times a day at 8 am ,1 PM,5 PM,9 PM and 12 PM,
Last night he ate at 12 o clock and vomited around 7 in the morning
Sometimes if a cat eats too fast, they'll throw up too. It also could be sone irritation and discomfort in the tummy and also due to hairball.

If this is not a daily affair and it's only once in awhile, I shouldn't be too worried. My boy does that when he is hungry for like more than 8 hours or so.

If it is a daily affair, best is to check with the vet.

Are you feeding him canned food chicken for cats or you just cook chicken for him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes if a cat eats too fast, they'll throw up too. It also could be sone irritation and discomfort in the tummy and also due to hairball.

If this is not a daily affair and it's only once in awhile, I shouldn't be too worried. My boy does that when he is hungry for like more than 8 hours or so.

If it is a daily affair, best is to check with the vet.

Are you feeding him canned food chicken for cats or you just cook chicken for him?
I am relieved thanks,he does eat very fast barley chews,I will keep an eye on him it was not much tho,it's really dry summer here so maybe he is shedding more,I buy fresh chicken for him boil it with turmeric (turmeric is antibacterial) to keep him healthy and safe from any kind of infection

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
buy fresh chicken for him boil it with turmeric (turmeric is antibacterial) to keep him healthy and safe from any kind of infection
I'm not too sure about turmeric being added to his food but I know home cook food for cats is a little complex and cats need Taurine in their diet. Taurine is needed for vision, heart function, digestion, for pregnant cats and for fetal development and also to maintain a healthy immune system.
Taurine is an essential amino acid for the cat.

You may want too check our Raw and home-Cooked Cat food forum and check what's the best way to prepare the chicken meal for your cat here in raw-home-cooked-cat-food.65

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, vomiting can be due to many reasons.
1)He ate food quickly, in this case he vomits immediately after eating, there is digested food in it, even it is not called vomiting, it is called regurgitation.
2)he has swallowed too much fluff, he wants to remove it. In this case, I notice that my cat is trying to make herself vomit, like trying to eat grass. It would be good to increase the use of malt paste, especially during seasonal transitions.
3)He has been hungry for a very long time, so his stomach acid has increased and he has vomited. They have already written above that it is necessary to feed often, especially kittens should always have access to food, my vet said. I don't know how true.
Is the vomit in the photo foamy? Sometimes it can be a harbinger of acute gastritis. You can look at the causes of acute gastritis.
4)he may have swallowed a foreign object, forcing himself to remove it. Have a lost toy nearby?
I find it frightening that cats vomit more than once and it continues, it's important to keep a close eye on it.
5)maybe an infection?
Observe him closely. Please consult your veterinarian if his appetite decreases, his movements slow down, he sits as if he has pain, he has a fever, he continues to vomit.
I know how worrisome it is to vomit. I am sending you health energies. Get well soon baby😻