Cat Upset When It Smells Other Cats/dogs

cc0000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat, Tigger, gets upset if he can smell another cat/dog after I come into contact with them at friends/family members' houses. This does not include the 2 cats he lives with and is used to.

Is there anything I can spray on myself to kill the smell before I return home? I do change my clothing and shoes when I return and wash my hands before touching my cats, but, Tigger can still smell the other animals for a while. Thanks.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Well, not sure if you want to go this route but there are scent eliminator products available from hunting/sports stores, or you could google hunting scent eliminator, something like that, and see what comes up for home-made things that hunters use to mask the human smell. Seems like it'd be sort of the same thing that you're trying to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc0000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, not sure if you want to go this route but there are scent eliminator products available from hunting/sports stores, or you could google hunting scent eliminator, something like that, and see what comes up for home-made things that hunters use to mask the human smell. Seems like it'd be sort of the same thing that you're trying to do.
I never thought of that. I've never heard of using something like that with cats, but, it might work. If it did it would be great, as long as it's safe. Thanks.