Cat Treat Age

Batman Sexy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! adopt a cat of 1 month and 3 weeks, My question is: Can you give treats or snacks to a cat of 2 months since it has 1 week with me, The second is: If you can give how many treats are given and if I can make 1 home. I hope prompt response. THANKS

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! A cat that young needs good nutrition and as much of it as he or she can eat, of both canned food in several meals daily and some additional dry food. Treats should be kept to a minimum because you don't want the treats to take the place of real food.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats love treats but limit treats. Some cats get addicted to eating treats and will refuse to eat regular cat food. That is not good and nutritional imbalance and deficiencies will occur. I'd limit treats to no more than a few pieces a day.

Treats can be given to cats of any age. A 2 month old kitten might enjoy a treat or two but really needs to eat kitten food for proper growth and nutrition.

Some healthy treats you can give are 100% freeze dried meat treats that are sold in pet stores. Small pieces of raw or plain cooked chicken or other meat can be given as well. By plain cooked I mean just poaching meat in just water (no salt or other stuff added) until just cooked through. Shred the meat and offer as a treat. Freeze the rest for later treats or use for your own meals.