Cat swollen lip help please

Mirella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is with his lip swollen. It started this week but I don’t exactly know the day. He never had this, but his behavior is normal, eats, sleeps and plays. I went to the doctor yesterday and he just said he needs to take pills for inflammation, but didn’t asked for exams or what it could be. I’m really worried because the vet was really quick, not even five minutes. I’m worried it could be something deadly

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
First step is finish antibiotics so he knows what helped and can give you more info. Any questions,give him a call. Is he indoor only? Maybe he got bit or stung by something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mirella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First step is finish antibiotics so he knows what helped and can give you more info. Any questions,give him a call. Is he indoor only? Maybe he got bit or stung by something?
He is indoors only, but sometimes a stray cat comes to fight with him, they don't get too close but there's a chance he attacked him when I wasn't home (He doesn't go outside, but sometimes my relatives don't pay attention to where he is when I'm not home).

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are there any plants or other things like household products that he could have gotten into? He could have been stung or bitten by a bug? Sorry, but I'm not understanding--what do you mean that a stray cat comes to fight with him if he can't go outside? Is there a screen door that he hangs out near by that the stray cat comes up to?

Mirella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are there any plants or other things like household products that he could have gotten into? He could have been stung or bitten by a bug? Sorry, but I'm not understanding--what do you mean that a stray cat comes to fight with him if he can't go outside? Is there a screen door that he hangs out near by that the stray cat comes up to?
Yes, there's a screen door grill and sometimes he goes near to wait for the stray cat and they fight. I'm at home almost 24 hours and I keep an eye on him, but last weekend I had to travel so I think nobody saw if he was clawed or something.

It's almost 99% sure he wasn't stung, there aren't any kinds of bugs or something like that where I live.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, there's a screen door grill and sometimes he goes near to wait for the stray cat and they fight. I'm at home almost 24 hours and I keep an eye on him, but last weekend I had to travel so I think nobody saw if he was clawed or something.

It's almost 99% sure he wasn't stung, there aren't any kinds of bugs or something like that where I live.
Ok, that makes sense. I would keep an eye out for any further swelling or puss or leaking. It's possible the stray cat got a small swipe and you're unable to see the wound. What pills did they give you? An antibiotic or just something for inflammation?

Mirella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, that makes sense. I would keep an eye out for any further swelling or puss or leaking. It's possible the stray cat got a small swipe and you're unable to see the wound. What pills did they give you? An antibiotic or just something for inflammation?
They gave me just something for inflammation, once a day for five days.