Cat swallowed tip of nipple

Blackmagickitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can some one help me out here a kitten I found it's about 4 to 5 weeks old swallowed the tip of the nipple what do I do

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can some one help me out here a kitten I found it's about 4 to 5 weeks old swallowed the tip of the nipple what do I do
Do you have another nipple that you can use to describe the size of it?

I don't know anything about this topic but just thinking that would be important info to know.

Also, this is probably common sense, but call your vet. There are also emergency advice phone lines you can call to ask, I know I saw some guides on here talking about them. Others on this forum can assuredly provide better information than this latter paragraph I just wrote.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens who bite the tips of nipples no longer need bottles, plus they are teething. The tip will usually pass through the intestines and end up in its poop in the next few days. Try not to worry!

In the meantime, I suspect your kitten to be a couple of weeks older, so offer kitten formula in a low dish, wet pate-style cat foods (no chunks or shreds), and dry kitten chow which you can moisten with the kitten formula.

Please post a picture of your kitten.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens with teeth should be able to eat out of a bowl or saucer. Put some wet kitten food watered down with kitten formula and set kitten in front of it. Put a little bit on the end of the finger and put on the kitten's lips. When you get it to lick off of your finger, lead its face with your finger down to the saucer. It should get the idea pretty soon. Biting off the end of a nipple happens pretty often and it is soft enough to pass through with no problem. You'll be checking poop for a while though! Thank you so much for caring for this little one!

Sara91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had the same exact thing happen to me this past weekend and boy am I grateful for this site.

I had a 6 week old kitten (but she is much tinier than her brothers) bite and swallow the nipple too for the same exact bottle from the pick you sent. Long story short, she did pass it BUT I did have to take her to an emergency vet for an enema.