Cat swallowed hair tie + blood in stool today

lunababysmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I'm a first time kitten owner (she's 9 months old and I adopted her 2 months ago) and I've been worried sick. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

3 days ago, my kitten swallowed a whole hair tie made of fabric/elastic. It doesn't have any metal in it. I didn't take her to the vet yet in hopes that she will pass it. She's behaving perfectly normally, eating well, very active and pooping once a day. I'm going through her poops each day but I haven't found the hair tie yet.

She had some blood in her poops last week, we went to the vet who said everything is normal but prescribed antibiotics. She took them well, the bleeding stopped and then she swallowed the hair tie. Now I'm freaking out because I noticed a little blood in her stool again today.

Should I take her to the vet immediately or wait for her to pass the hair tie? I'm so worried.

Thank you in advance for any help!
20230827_181201.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you just saw them (so this may be considered a follow-up) can you call your vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunababysmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I am planning to call them later today/tomorrow, just monitoring her right now if there are any changes