Cat Still Pregnant After Having Kittens?

Hmarsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just had 3 kittens a little over 24 hours ago. She still looked pregnant and I was worried, and about an hour ago she had a stillborn kitten. She looks like she still has one more in her and I’m worried. She has walked around and she isn’t acting abnormal in any way. Will my cat be okay?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can take up to a day or two between delivering kittens, so it could be that she just needs a bit more time. However, if you notice her straining, panting, or heaving for 30+ minutes without delivering a kitten, you need to get her into the emergency vet right away.

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmarsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s been purring and eating and drinking like normal. She’ll even get up occasionally to go to the bathroom or to just get a break from the kittens and hang out with me. I’m just concerned because the one she just had is still born and it still seems like she might have one inside her. Someone told me it could possibly be fatal to her if she doesn’t have her kitten? I’m really worried and love my fur baby so much and would like to catch a promblem (if there is one) before it’s too late.