Cat spay wound open?

Catra-99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey can anyone help me i have spayed my cat 14 days ago and left her at home at the 8th day with my parents as I've had to travel and they sent me some pictures of her spay incision today. And I'm afraid it might be open the vet isn't returning my calls and I'm so worried , they said she eats fine and she's being very playful and sleeps normally so i don't think she's in pain.
But does this look okay to you or what?

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't look open to me, it looks clean. When are the stitches due to come out? Try sending the photo to your vet to put your mind at rest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catra-99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It doesn't look open to me, it looks clean. When are the stitches due to come out? Try sending the photo to your vet to put your mind at rest.
What do you think this red thing is ?? It's not wet it's totally dry

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't see any red from the photo but it could be just a scab. After 14 days most of the healing is done and there is usually desolvable internal stitches as well as the visible external ones. Signs to look for are swelling, redness, weeping and a bad smell.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's time for the stitches to come out; most vets take them out around 10 days after the surgery. So she might be developing some irritation from the stitches being in too long.

Does she have an appointment to take them out? You can ask the vet about it then. But to me, it looks like it's healing just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catra-99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's time for the stitches to come out; most vets take them out around 10 days after the surgery. So she might be developing some irritation from the stitches being in too long.

Does she have an appointment to take them out? You can ask the vet about it then. But to me, it looks like it's healing just fine.
Thank you for the info.
he said the stitches were supposed to come out on their own they're dissolvable...and they look very dry and fragile so i was expecting them to fall off anyday now but they still haven't.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would double check on that dissolvable stitching, they should start dissolving any time now. The wound looks clean, that 'red' may be a small opening, but some wounds do that to allow draining. It's not bad at all. I have had cats come much more open than that and they healed fine. To ease your mind, take those photos to the vet and ask him how it looks, It looks fine to me.