Cat Spay Stitches HELP

KateZara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s been 8 days since my 1 year kitten got spayed. She’s seems normal her usual playful self. But today i saw this when checking her incision and I’m concerned. This is my first time ever owning a cat and ever taken it to get fixed. It looks to me like she’s opened her stitches. Can someone please tell me if this is normal?

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi KateZara KateZara :wave3:
yeah, that spay incision does need to be re-checked by your Vet.

It does look too open, and will probably need a few stitches or staples to close it.
I'm not sure if that's glue inside the opening, or yellow or white pus...so she may need some antibiotics, too.
They will flush it as well, and tell you if she needs them or not.

It's best if you can take her in as soon as you can, before the weekend.
Since it also looks a bit too red, so possibly an infection. not really sure.
Sometimes these things just happen, so don't think that you could have done anything to prevent it.
It's just really good that you took her to get spayed, and noticed this today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KateZara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi KateZara KateZara :wave3:
yeah, that spay incision does need to be re-checked by your Vet.

It does look too open, and will probably need a few stitches or staples to close it.
I'm not sure if that's glue inside the opening, or yellow or white pus...so she may need some antibiotics, too.
They will flush it as well, and tell you if she needs them or not.

It's best if you can take her in as soon as you can, before the weekend.
Since it also looks a bit too red, so possibly an infection. not really sure.
Sometimes these things just happen, so don't think that you could have done anything to prevent it.
It's just really good that you took her to get spayed, and noticed this today.
Thank you so much for the reply! I’ve been googling it all and this just confirms my worries. I will be calling her vet tomorrow. Hoping it gets fixed ASAP. Fingers crossed it’s not an infection my poor baby:(

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure, could you update your thread, after seeing the Vet.
It would really help others, who might see it, too.
Plus, I'll be keeping my fingers and cats' paws crossed...wishing you and your kitten all the luck.:crossfingers::bluepaw::greenpaw:

KateZara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sure, could you update your thread, after seeing the Vet.
It would really help others, who might see it, too.
Plus, I'll be keeping my fingers and cats' paws crossed...wishing you and your kitten all the luck.:crossfingers::bluepaw::greenpaw:
Yes I’d be happy to! Thanks again! 😺

KateZara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I’d be happy to! Thanks again! 😺
Hi everyone! So i took my kitten Gigi to the vet this past Saturday. Turns out it was an infection :( we got there just in time because according to her vet, the wound stopped healing which then resulted in the skin getting infected. She went through another operation to re stitch her spay incision and is under antibiotics. Was definitely scary but she's much better and recovering!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! So i took my kitten Gigi to the vet this past Saturday. Turns out it was an infection :( we got there just in time because according to her vet, the wound stopped healing which then resulted in the skin getting infected. She went through another operation to re stitch her spay incision and is under antibiotics. Was definitely scary but she's much better and recovering!
So glad you took her in asap. :bluepaw:
Sending mega Health vibes, that your kitten Gigi makes a fast recovery from her infection, and second operation to re stitch her spay wound opening. :vibes::vibes:😼
Thanks so much for this update. :goodluck: