Cat Spay Incision after 3 weeks.

bryceloo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just want opinions on whether my cat’s spay incision looks alright and if I should take the cone off. I want to just start off by saying that she did licked it 2 weeks after she was supposed to take off the cone which when we took it off she did lick it and so we put it back on. Now these stitches are dissolvable and I’m not sure if I should let her just lick the top part off. Here is the picture of the incision below
IMG_6026.jpeg

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks pretty good to me. It's not an angry red and there's no weeping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bryceloo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks pretty good to me. It's not an angry red and there's no weeping.
Hi, so the incision is fine but when she licks it, it would start bleeding a little bit but not too much. And the top part of the picture shows the stitches and a little bit of dry blood which that is the only part she did not lick off.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It really doesn't look bad, but interesting that is still bothering her after 3 weeks. When you can't observe her, I would keep the cone on. But as a home remedy you can try chamomile tea. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that place with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for her to ingest should she do so.