Cat snoring, stridor or something else?

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 7 year old cat Lee-Lee makes sounds like this during sleep sometimes. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. He was acting like he was going to spit something else up but never did a few months ago a couple times a week but has entirely stopped that now. I wanted to take him in that for that but on the day of the appointment I realized my aunt who was in vacation still had my car carrier she had borrowed and it was in the back of her SUV she had taken. Lee Lee's energy level and appetite are good. The wind that night also interfered with the sound of ths videos.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a little hard to hear, but sounds like snoring to me. Others will weigh in I'm sure as I don't always trust my ears. He hasn't had any eye/nose drainage or anything? And you said he otherwise seems healthy? If you're really concerned, you could take him to the vet to be sure. They can listen to his breathing and/or even do a chest xray. I've had a few cats who snore when they sleep sometimes. Sometimes it's their body position too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a little hard to hear, but sounds like snoring to me. Others will weigh in I'm sure as I don't always trust my ears. He hasn't had any eye/nose drainage or anything? And you said he otherwise seems healthy? If you're really concerned, you could take him to the vet to be sure. They can listen to his breathing and/or even do a chest xray. I've had a few cats who snore when they sleep sometimes. Sometimes it's their body position too.
No drainage. Sometimes after a long deep sleep he sounds like he's swallowing something, usually accompanied by a a yawn and stretching. Typical sleep stuff I guess. He's also gained a little more weight in the last year as he no longer has inflamed teeth causing him stomatitis.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't hear it well enough above the background hissing, but what I did make out on the first link just sounded like mild snoring noises. (Phoebe snores a lot more loudly than that and she's fine, if that's any comfort!)