cat sneezing

ghostmurals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I take care of 3 feral young cat that have been fixed and released back in the wild, clipped ears, and they found me, i have been feeding for the past 3 months, one of the females got bit by a snake, i crunched up medicine in her food, she seems to be doing ok, this was 2 months ago. but she started sneezing 2 days ago, a pretty good bit

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I take care of 3 feral young cat that have been fixed and released back in the wild, clipped ears, and they found me, i have been feeding for the past 3 months, one of the females got bit by a snake, i crunched up medicine in her food, she seems to be doing ok, this was 2 months ago. but she started sneezing 2 days ago, a pretty good bit
If there is discharge from her nose when she sneezes, she will need vet attention. Ditto if there's facial swelling. Ensure you are washing your hands and clothes before interacting with any indoor cats you might have.
It's probably not related to the snake bite, but outdoor cats have a variety of high risk factors. They can easily catch more diseases or get in to more danger.
There's a small chance it could just be allergies, but you can't know without a vet. It could just as easily be some dirt or grass that is stuck in her nose that the vet needs to remove.

When in doubt, I usually call our vet and ask if they recommend bringing the cat in. It's just as often a "monitor at home" situation as it is a "bring them in"!