cat sneezing, scratching, licking a lo

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
when i first got my cat he has a uri. one of the symptoms was sneezing and it lasted a while, i thought. however, i’m starting to think it may be allergies? does this sound like the symptoms? he’s itching and licking and sneezing throughout the day, especially after meals. i feed him four times a day. i’ve also noticed he hasn’t be finished his meals fully, or he will walk away and go back after a little. he is sooo food motivated and scarfs down his food usually. would this be common in allergies, maybe food? i was planning on calling the vet tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone has experience!

he’s also been meowing randomly. like he will walk away and meow

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Yes, a vet check is in order. Unfortunately those symptoms could be many things. Usually, not always, cat allergies do not present as upper respiratory problems. Usually it will be itching. Have you checked for fleas?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Yes, a vet check is in order. Unfortunately those symptoms could be many things. Usually, not always, cat allergies do not present as upper respiratory problems. Usually it will be itching. Have you checked for fleas?
the upper respiratory was a month ago. but he’s always had a sneeze so i wasn’t sure if the sneeze is now allergies. i tried shining a flashlight on him and didn’t see any. he is a black cat tho so its so hard to see anything!