Cat scratch? Help?

Chefkloti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone recently I’ve been noticing that my cat seems to be getting a lot more cuts due to him and the other cat taking some playful fights to far and I’m worried about the one near his eye because it seems to not be healing? Any helpful tips? Also not even sure it’s a scratch because it just looks like a dot? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Attachments

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone recently I’ve been noticing that my cat seems to be getting a lot more cuts due to him and the other cat taking some playful fights to far and I’m worried about the one near his eye because it seems to not be healing? Any helpful tips? Also not even sure it’s a scratch because it just looks like a dot? Any help would be appreciated thank you!
My two boys like playing hard frequently as well. Two weeks ago, I noticed the younger boy had a weeping eye. It went on for several days. I felt bad for him so I took him into the Veterinarian . The Diagnosis Was he had a small scratch on his pupil. The Doctor prescribed " Ofloxacin 0.3% Ophth Solution , 1 drop, twice a day for 7 days. Those eye drops cleared up his weeping eye.

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't look to serious to me. If he's not opening his eye, squinting it, rubbing it excessively. or it's very teary and wet around the eye, then get to the vet for the eye to be checked out. If you don't already, trim their nails every 2-3 weeks to help prevent scratching. Mine seem to like to bite and nip each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chefkloti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It doesn't look to serious to me. If he's not opening his eye, squinting it, rubbing it excessively. or it's very teary and wet around the eye, then get to the vet for the eye to be checked out. If you don't already, trim their nails every 2-3 weeks to help prevent scratching. Mine seem to like to bite and nip each other.
Thank you!