Cat red spot on neck

Catlady121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten, who I adopted a month ago, has had this spot since we got her. I didn't pay attention to it at first but now that I got a chance to look at it it's worrying me. It's under her fur so it's very hard to see. It feels like a scab that's coming off but I dont know how it could be a scab for more than a month. I've contacted my vet but haven't gotten a response yet. Any help would be great!
20201207_192757.jpg

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I don't have an answer of what could that be, but if your cat is eating and drinking well, and is behaving normally I'm sure you can wait until you hear from the vet. My advice is not try to google it to find out what it could be because you know you will probably find terrible diagnoses that aren't true in the end. So, wait to see what the vet says, and maybe even get a second opinion to rest assured your cat is fine. Good luck!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That could be a wart, or a cyst - both of which would be considered harmless in most cases. Sending a pic to the vet might also help, if you didn't do that already. And, noting whether or not its size has changed any since you first noticed it would be helpful too. Does she scratch at it or lick it a lot?

How old is your kitten, just out of curiosity?